Friday, June 11, 2010

Mt. Evans

Bristlecone Pine Sunset

We spent yesterday exploring the alpine bouldering of Mt. Evans. The hike was quite a slog, as advertised. The climbing was amazing, also as advertised. I was feeling weak, so I didn't get on any of the higher end lines that I had my eye on. But, I did manage to climb a bunch of the classics and the stunning scenery made it all worth it. Trying to put off the long hike back to the car at the end of the day, I channeled my inner Zoolander and broke into a bit of a pose off.

Christian Prellwitz cruising the classic highball 'Timeline' (v0+).
Grabbing the jug at the top feels so good!


'Last of the Ohitians' (v1)

'The Ladder' (v2)

Ice on Summit Lake

Blue

Crashpad Magazine cover photo

If see this man, please report him to the authorities...

Showing off a range of looks...

No comments: